CellX is a tool for segmentation, fluorescence quantification, and tracking of cells on microscopy images. Installation and usage is explained in .
CellX MATLAB Image Segmentation Package
CellX is also available as a MATLAB package for segmentation of cells in microscopy images with membrane patterns. For an explanation of the algorithm see . The MATLAB source including examples can be downloaded here:
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided agreeing to the Simplified BSD Style License (TXT, 2 KB).
- Mayer C, Dimopoulos S, Rudolf F, Stelling J (2013)
Using CellX to quantify intracellular events
Curr Protoc Mol Biol Chapter 14: Unit 14 22.
- Dimopoulos S, Mayer CE, Rudolf F, Stelling J (2014)
Accurate cell segmentation in microscopy images using membrane patterns.
Bioinformatics 30: 2644-2651.
CellX makes use of the following libraries/plugins:
- Rasband, W S. ImageJ, U. S. National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA, http://imagej.nih.gov/ij/, 1997-2011.
- Peng, T. Circular Hough Transform, MatlabCentral File Exchange, 2005-2010.
- Saalfeld, S. Contrast Limited Adaptive Histogram Equalization (CLAHE), Enhance Local Contrast, 2009-2010.
- Gilbert, D. JFreeChart, http://www.jfree.org/jfreechart/, 2005-2011.